Tuesday, March 3, 2009

83/365



Today is a bad day. This is my last day at work. At around 4pm, Rob calls me and says that he blew the engine in his STI and needed me to call AAA to tow him home. Now, I'm an hour north of him and I can't leave work for another half hour. I feel bad, but he just has to wait, there's nothing I can do for him until 4:30pm. When I leave work, I call AAA, and then proceed to fly down Rt. 16, 95 and 495 just hoping that I make it to him before the tow truck does. I manage to get there in 40 minutes, and we wait for the truck. When the flatbed arrives, for some reason, Rob's bumper won't clear the bed. Not sure why, the STI's been on a flatbed before with no problems. So he takes off the bumper (thank goodness it's held on with zip ties!) and up it goes. Then, we block traffic trying to get the car off the truck for a good 15 minutes, and finally it's done. Hrrrrmmmpff. I don't like this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment