Saturday, May 2, 2009

143/365

This was our first trip down to Englishtown, NJ to race at Raceway Park this year. The weather looked very bad for the weekend as we were watching it during the past week. Rob and I decided to just take a chance and drive down this morning around 5am. We arrived at 11:30am, right after the track opened the gates. It was raining. We helped Rob Ingels set up his tents and put out all of the parts that he would be selling that day - in the rain. Then we stood around for a while waiting for the track to announce whether it would have the race or not - in the rain. Finally, around 2pm, the rain stopped and we got a green light for the day's race. Whew! My CRX still was having voltage/amperage issues, so I had to keep it hooked up to the truck's battery in between races. I made it through a bunch of time trials since there were not too many cars competing. Then it came down to the first round of eliminations. Unfortunately, I got a really bad burnout and an even worse launch. There was nothing I could do, I couldn't catch the other car. Oh well, there's always tomorrow...Rob I. and Andrew ended up getting two round of qualifing for the 11.50 index class. They will have eliminations tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment