Saturday, October 3, 2009

274/365



Rob and I drove down to Falmouth, MA to go to our friends Claudio and Carmen's wedding today. They are part of our drag racing team, Team XXX Racing. Claudio is the guy that I always end up racing in the final round, and he always beats me! It's all good though, I like our racing rivalry. Someday I'll beat him! Anyways, back to the wedding. I forgot the camera, so this is the only photo I got of the day. I wore the same dress I'd worn to Matt and Sarah's wedding a couple years back, although this time with black tights since it was chilly. Rob and I made it down there with just a few minutes to spare after getting completely soaked from the downpour outside. I had a small umbrella that didn't do too much, but poor Rob had nothing and he was completely sopping wet. Sorry honey! The ceremony was very traditionally Catholic, and some of it was performed in Portuguese. 45 minutes later, we left for the reception. When we got there, people were still setting up the tables and entrance hall. We were confused, and when we asked were told that the reception wasn't for three more hours! We didn't know what to do with ourselves, so we ended up driving around the south shore for the next three hours. 6:00 finally came and we headed back to the hall. It was filling up with people by then. Unfortunately, we didn't know anyone else, since the other members of our team could not make it due to the national event race that was going on in New Jersey that weekend. After a long cocktail hour, we were brough into the dining hall. It was so beautifully decorated! There were long swaths of fabric draped across the incredably high ceiling, beautiful tall, square vases with orchids, dramatic mood lighting and an exquisite cake. We were served a few courses before the main course. My favorite was the watermelon sorbet. There was also a field greens salad and some kind of traditional Portuguese sausage and potato soup. Rob wasn't feeling well, so right after we finished the main course (chicken for me and seafood for him) we decided to leave. I hated to leave so early, but what can you do? We said a quick goodby to the bride and groom, then made the hour and a half drive home. I'm glad we went, even thought we didn't know anyone there. It was good to show our support for our racing friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment