Saturday, June 20, 2009

192/365

Import Wars 2 was today. My CRX wasn't ready, so I ended up racing my Subaru. Rob had to work most of the day. I got there around 8:30am and Rob I. was already there setting up his vendor booth. It was just him in the Team XXX Racing 11.50 index class, and Claudio and me in the bracket class. I got two time trials, and then dialed in at 15.1 seconds for first round eliminations. It was kind of funny, I lined up against the same blue WRX for both my time trials and first round. Both him and I ended up breaking out, but I had the better light so I won that round. Because there were only eight cars to start with in the class, by second round, we were already paired up. I raced against J.C. in the black Cobalt, while Claudio raced against an Audi. I ended my run hard on the brakes, since J.C. was so far behind me and was through to the finals along with Claudio. This was the third time we'd both made it to the finals together, and unfortunately, the third time that he beat me! I ended up breaking out by a few tenths (on the brakes) but it's ok. Second place is not losing when your teammate takes first. There will be a rematch at Summer Slam next weekend! Rob I. ended up winning his 11.50 class. Rob drove up just as the race was finishing up and Rob I., Claudio, Rob and I ended up at Uno's by our house for dinner. It was a good day with great company. I'm looking forward to next weekend, hopefully with my CRX fixed and tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment