Sunday, April 5, 2009

116/365



YAY!!! I went to the track today! It is the first weekend that it's been open for the '09 season, and it felt sooooo good to go fast! It's been six months since I've driven my CRX down the drag strip, and I had a lot of fun. I took the tarp/car cover off her (yes, it's a "her") on Thursday, and after a quick jumpstart, she started right up! With just a few adjustments and an overnight battery charge, she was ready to roll. I got about ten runs in today, which is fantastic! The only problem we had is that we forgot to bring a connector for the laptop, so we couldn't datalog during my runs. But other than that, and the gale-force winds whipping across the pits, the day went very well. I got my fastest time yet, a 13.26 at 105.8 mph. I also had very consistant runs, getting between .04 to .08 reaction times all day. My times were between 13.2 to 13.7, pretty good for the first day back. She felt strong and quick. I'm hoping that this great day will be a good omen for the rest of the season. I'm looking for some wins this year, no more second place for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment