Friday, April 17, 2009

128/365



Another Friday, another night of racing for me. We went up to New England Dragway and met up with Rob, the owner of our race team, and Brendan, another team member for some practice runs. Rob managed a quick 11.7 seconds in his turbo RSX, while I got fairly consistant 13.4s. Our friend Chris fixed the stock pully for my CRX and that helped with the voltage problems I was having last week. With Brendan's encouragement, I signed up for King of the Hill, which is basically a bracket race. Except I was running against points cars, guys who have a lot more experience racing than I do! Plus their cars, mostly muscle cars, were about three to five seconds faster than me. Whatever, that's the beauty of bracket racing. I was paired up with a guy in a new Corvette with a 12.6 second time. My time was 13.5 seconds. I ended up crossing the finish line with a 13.501 second run, but still lost! Unfortunately, I was nervous about getting a red light, so my reaction time wasn't very good, a .128, which was my worst of the night for me. He got a .003 light, which ment he had me from the starting line. Oh well, I was just thrilled that I ran so close to my number!

No comments:

Post a Comment