Tuesday, July 14, 2009

216/365



Today is a 2fer post!


I went to a staff retreat for all of the publishing department for my work today. We went to the Eliot Boat Basin in Eliot, ME today at 12:30 for some creative bonding with our coworkers. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. We had lunch (salad, sandwiches, and chips) when everyone arrived, then split up into our groups and headed to one of four stations that were set up around the park. Each group visited three out of the four stations where we played a game that expressed some facet of togetherness we were supposed to learn about. Communication, sharing, working together, etc... After the games, we were treated to free ice cream treats from the ice cream truck that pulled up during our last game. Of course, we ran for the truck like little kids! I got a Jolly Rancher popsicle, which was huge! Then came some little-known fact sharing, where I got a round of applause when I said that I can rebuild engines, and the wrap-up thank you speech. Then we all booked it out of there and went back to the office to get our cars and go home for the day.



Mmmmmm...sushi and red velvet cupcakes. Now that's a great meal! Rob and I went to his cousin Meghan's house for dinner today. I love hanging out with Meghan, she's crazy and funny. We were supposed to have a picnic at a local castle, but the weather didn't look so good. It didn't rain after all, so we ate out on her little deck. She had a nice assortment of sushi (California and veggie for me!), and then she brought out red velvet cupcakes for dessert to go along with my fruit salad that I brought over. Those cupcakes were soooooo good! I've never had red velvet cake before. Now I know what I've been missing out on all these years. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment