Saturday, July 18, 2009

220/365


Um, yeah...
That pretty much sums up the entire weekend camping at Dennison Lake in Winchendon, MA. Rob and I worked today, so we didn't get to the campground until after 5:00pm. Once we finished setting up the tent, we turned around to see Darren and Chris lounging in the hammock behind us. They look a little to cozy to me! We all drove to our boat in Winchendon for a late afternoon swim. Darren and Anita brought two HUGE rafts to be towed behind the boat and we all had fun splashing around in the lake for about an hour.
Then, just as I was docking the boat, we got pulled over by the, um, lake police for lack of a better term because Rob was on the outside of the boat railing. He was prepared to jump to the dock and tie us off, but I guess he was out there for too long and the cop didn't like that. He ended up giving me a ticket for $60 for having no boating license, although he did skip the fines for driving an unregistered boat, driving to endanger (because Rob could have fallen in the water and I would have run him over), and towing more than two people in a raft at a time, with no lifejackets. We also had to prove that we had lifejackets for everyone on board, a fire extinquisher, and a few other things.
We did get off easy, but that ment that there would be no day on the lake the next day. Oh well, what can you do? At least Rob said he would pay the ticket for me. I guess we have to get our boating license now...

No comments:

Post a Comment